Customers can access a wide range of banking services and perform routine transactions online 24/7 by registering for Ora@Net, Orabank's Internet Banking service.
With Ora@net, you can view your account activity wherever and whenever you want:
- account balance and transactions;
- loan details;
- term deposit details.
Ora@Net also offers the following services to make users' lives easier:
- order a cheque book;
- request your transaction history;
- print your bank account details (RIB) for each of your accounts;
- download your account statements in Excel (CSV), MS-Money, PDF or AFB120 format;
- request information on currency exchange rates.
Pay your electricity bills at an electronic payment terminal
Simply visit an outlet with an electricity bill containing the following information: the bill number, the month and date of the bill and the customer reference.
Orabank offers its customers the following ways of paying their electricity bills:
• in cash;
• by cheque (made out to 'myself');
• by transfer order, specifying the number of the account to be debited, the bill number, the month and year of the bill and the amount, signed by the authorised signatories.